Thursday, September 4, 2008

Long Post!

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long, my computer has been retarded and we've been really busy! I can't add pics right now but be assured that I have them in my camera still and they will be posted as soon as I can get my cpu fixed! So what have we been up to lately?

August 21-23 we went on a marriage retreat! Some of you may know that things had been a little rocky between Brandon and me lately, so needless to say I was looking forward to this opportunity. It started on Thursday morning with a fight before leaving. We left and headed to the resort/spa located about 30 min away. The very first day we had some great classes and learned a lot about ourselves and eachother. We had a 3 hour break that afternoon, which we spent working through a year's worth of issues. By the end of that break we were a different couple! From then on we started spending our breaks outside by the pool. Enjoying the cool breeze and talking. We were having fun! The next day, after class, we went on a dinner cruise! Despite the fact that I hate water, it was pretty fun! The retreat ended after the cruise, however we didn't have to check out until the next day at noon so we enjoyed the extra time together. Before we left Brandon let me get a prenatal massage! I had been having trouble sleeping because of my back pain (Brandon had to rub extra-strength Bengay into my back for like 20 min before I could sleep). After my massage I didn't need help sleeping for a week! Unfortunately I'm needing help again but I know how to get my back fixed now (after Corbin). So all-in-all the retreat was awesome! It turned our marriage around and now Brandon and I good to go!
Labor Day weekend we went to a church picnic that was fun! This reallllllllly old couple sat with us, they were awesome! We were just able to bring sandwiches and fruit for us but they kept feeding us fried chicken, fresh corn on the cob, fruit, potato salad, home grown tomatoes and onions, etc. It was delicious! The guy is a WWII vet and he was at Normandy (like I said, he is old!!!). But it was a fun end to a fun weekend. :)
Also, I had a prenatal appointment Tuesday. Corbin is a little big for his age. He is also already head down! His butt is in my right ribs and his feet are in my left ribs. Sure explains some things! I also felt him get the hiccups for the first time the other day, it was weird! Anyway I'm starting my bi-weekly appointments so my next one is on the 18th.
So that's all that's been going on with us, I'll write again soon!

1 comment:

La said...

it's good to get an update on you guys. i'm glad your little man is doing well even if it's uncomfortable for you. pregnancy back pain is the pits and i remember it well! it will soon be over though! hang in there....and good for you guys going to a retreat and working on stuff!