Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yet another baby scare...

Well I thought our week of craziness was over...I was wrong! Sunday night at 9:30 pm I had sudden, severe back pain that started in my middle back (right side), wrapped around my side and went up into my shoulder blade.
The most painful thing I've done in life so far is to have my ribs tattooed. So on my pain scale, that is a 10. This pain was easily a 9.
I went with it all night, getting no sleep or relief. At 4:30 am I woke up Brandon and told him that I had to go in. I told Brandon that he should stay so he could go to work with Seth in the morning. When he agreed, however, I had a panic attack and started freaking out and crying so he ended up going with me. I'm glad he did, I don't know what I would have done without him!
We went in and actually got seen pretty quick, I got 2 vicoden and a sonogram to check my gallbladder. We went back to the waiting room and waited forever. The vicoden took the edge off the pain but I was still very uncomfortable. So they gave me a loritab when the vicoden wore off. That wasn't much better but you know, whatever.
They got my sonogram back and my gallbladder looks fine. So they ask for a surgical consult. I talked to the surgeon and she basically said that there are 2 possibilities. It could be apendicitis or my kidney is swollen. With apendicitis they can operate, the only way to fix my kidney is to have Corbin.
So here I am, 32w5d pregnant. In bed. On percocet. If the pain gets worse I have to go right in because that probably means apendicitis. If it stays the same, I have to go in tomorrow evening and we're talking delivering Corbin early. If it gets better, I just hope to goodness that everything stays ok until I hit 35 weeks and I can safely have him! So just 16 more days for that.
I had a midwife appt today and she said that Corbin is still measuring big for dates, she even asked if I was positive about my LMP! So I know he'll be ok.
Talk to y'all later!

No comments: